The Book House
The Book House is the place where you will find hidden treasures for the whole family. Come and grab a coffee, flick through new pages, discuss your latest read, or simply enjoy the company of friends, in a cozy atmosphere. The downstair space features original gifts and accessories centered around a literary theme, greeting cards, and more books! This is also the place where you will discover local artists' talents on display. If you are after a unique and meaningful present, I might just have the thing for you!
Our Curated Lists
The Book House features the latest releases, popular series, and personal picks. The shelves are curated with amazing reads and hidden gems for you and your kids to enjoy and cherish. I wish I was able to handpick every single book, but I am as close to it as humanly possible, researching hundreds of titles that suit my community's interests.
Did you know?
- The Book House is the name of a secret society in the TV series Twin Peaks.
- A lot of what's in store is sourced from local people: the shelves, logo, art, decor, yummy treats, to name a few. And you can buy most of what you see.
- I have been asked many times if the hang out space will have a TV one day. No. It's a bookstore.
- There are over half a million books published every year in the US alone. Half a million!
- The store has close to 600 linear feet of shelf space, which is the length of 7 humpback whales. No animals were harmed during the measurement.
- Apparently, we only read about 12 books a year on average. Pfff!, whatever. I think it's time to prove these studies wrong.
- I'm an author myself, which has no relevance whatsoever, but just thought I'd mention it . . .